EducationPhD Candidate, University of Toronto, Major: " Hispanic Linguistics".
Buchanan Awards August 2014
SGS Travel Award 2014
Master of Arts, University of Guelph, Major: “Latin American and Caribbean Studies”, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, graduated June 2012
Internal award in the School of Languages and Literatures for fieldwork and research, January 2011
Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies with Honours, York University, Double Major: Spanish (Literature and Linguistics) and Communication Studies (Interpersonal Relationships and Mass Media), Toronto, Ontario, Canada, graduated, 2010
Certificate in TESOL, TEFL, TESL,
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, completed, 2009
Experience* I can also meet with you at UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO!
Spanish Instructor - 2016 (University of Toronto) for Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics
Teaching Assistant - 2016 (UTM) for Sociolinguistics
Spanish Instructor - 2013-2015 (University of Toronto)
a Spanish Instructor for SPA for Beginners, SPA for Intermediate Spanish, SPA for Advanced Level
Spanish Teaching Assistant 2012 - 2013( University of Toronto)
a Spanish TA for Intermediate Spanish
Spanish Teaching Assistant
2010 - 2011 (University of Guelph)
• A Spanish TA for the HISP1000* (elementary course) for 40 students.
• Teach students, based on the material provided, basic Spanish skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing
• Mark students’ tests and provide the feedbacks for each student.
• Motivate students to speak by providing them with oral exercises
• Hold the office hours for extra help and practice
2006 – 2010 (York University)
• A private tutor for first or second year students at York University
• Helped students to increase their average and give them necessary knowledge of the Spanish language
2008, May-July, Russia
• Tutored a high-school student and helped him gain acceptance into University
2005- 2007 (Ridley College)
• 99% average in Ridley college, St. Catherines (2006)
• Teacher's assistant and helped check homework
English (ESL) Tutor:
2008-2009, September- June
• A tutor for a couple, age 55 and 59
• Taught from 0 level to Intermediate, stressing grammar, verbal skills and pronunciation
• Focused on everyday, basic topics
2008-2009, October - May
• A private tutor for an eight year old child
• Help with English reading, writing/ spelling and Math
Introduction to Linguistics:
• Examined fundamental principles of language structure and interpretation
• Focused on phonology, morphology, and syntax,
• Analyzed data from a wide range of the world's languages.
Spanish Applied Linguistics:
• Learned the most effective methods in teaching Spanish as a foreign language
• Presented and explain different rules in front of the class
• Identified the most common errors of the first year learners
• Analyzed how different people interact in diverse communities based on their age, gender, socio-economic levels and other factors.
• Compared dialects, jargons and registers geographically and historically.
History of the Spanish Language
• Learned about the transformation of the Latin language into different languages, particularly Spanish
• Translated short texts from Latin into Spanish.
• Learned about the historical, social and economic factors that impacted the Latin language and led to its loss.
Varieties of Spanish Worldwide
• Learned about different varieties of Spanish from Spain and Latin America
• Compared and identified the phonetic and syntactic differences of each region.
Spanish Language Teaching and Methodology
• Learned about different approaches for teaching a second language
• Presented a lesson and design a detailed lesson plan
• Evaluated a sample student’s test.
Russian translator for an Associate Dean, External
University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, 2011
LASA 2010 conference (Latin American Studies Association) 2010,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Oct. 6-9, 2010
• Registration Area Assistant/Wrap Up Assistant
• Worked as a bilingual interpreter, Spanish and English.
• Welcomed people in the hallway
• Provided people with directions
HobbiesReading, Travelling, Dancing. I am currently finishing my doctoral dissertation.
Also, I have been intrigued to design new methods for teaching both kids and adults specifically second language learners.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.